Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Poetry

I am so grateful for my love of poetry...I'm not the greatest poet...and sometimes I forget to rhyme...but I get to use words that I would never use in normal, everyday speech...I love it!  Everywhere I look, I see awesomeness.  I have been richly blessed in my life to have such wonderful friends...if you are one...thank you!  I recently (yesterday) wrote a poem, a tribute if you will, to great friends. The following was pulled from my poetry blog:

Upwards Friend

They say true friends are hard to find
Yet when that thought comes to my mind
I beg to differ as I look around
I see the many friends I've found

How is it that I'm so richly blessed
Yet oft I've thought myself as less
OH! What a fool that I have been
To bitch and moan that I've no friend

I've doubted so much in my life
Yet now I see the goodness rife
It's in their smiles, it's in their eyes
It's in their love, friendship I surmise

I can't describe this change inside
Yet thanks I give to a caring guide
A friend indeed who called, Bull shit!
"Find the good, your life's full of it!"

A friend will cry and hold you tight
Yet push you on to greater heights
A friend will laugh, make your heart swell
A friend is one who knows you well

A friend is one who'll call your bluff
Yet know exactly when enough's enough
A friend is one who knows your heart
How it beats and how it to start

A friend knows how to help and heal
Yet haven't studied you in the least
From their heart love shines on forth
Sets you aright and gives you life!


--BUZZ

No comments: