Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Kind Words of a Sister

Sisters can be some of the greatest blessings in the world...even for a guy like me!  My sisters are especially amazing.  They listen to me whine about my problems (and also invite me to dinner at Famous Dave's, so good).  They allow me to be me and help me understand the female psyche!  I err in so many ways but they are there to help me back onto my feet and try again, even if it means starting over.  I've had a rough couple of days filled with confusion and regret.  Ill-fated words that felt so right when written.  I have lacked understanding and with that have failed.  I have learned, however, that nothing is more painful than angry words from a broken heart.  Words I have written have stung me deeper than those of anyone else.  My own writ is a lecture to myself.  At times I have spoken, written, or heard angry words such as the ones that I have recklessly thrown about today and yesterday.  Am I proud of my words, not at all.  Why would I have chosen these words instead of finding an alternate release?  A word spoken is a word that can never be taken back.  If offense is taken, it is out of our control.  All that we can do is look forward to tomorrow knowing that today we have learned a lesson.  We must ask forgiveness of those whom we have offended.  I hope that I can become a better individual for the trials through which I pass.  To all of my friends and family, I love you!  To those whom I may have offended, I ask your forgiveness and understanding.  I'm not perfect.  I won't be perfect tomorrow.  I will, however, be ever perfecting myself in this journey we call life!

Buzz

No comments: