Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

What is a person supposed to do when love feels so close and yet it simply cannot be touched? It exists behind bulletproof glass. You see it and long for it but you cannot touch it. What makes us love one person so dearly and yet feel nothing for another? Am I on a never-ending merry-go-round of love? It’s as if love were ethereal. Is there a point in holding on? What about holding out? I've loved and lost. What have I gained?

I’m loved by family. I’m loved by friends. I know I’m loved but why does that love feel empty? Why can’t that fill my soul? Why does the love of many, though great, leave me wanting? Why do we yearn for that one? How does one find the love that fills that gaping hole? What makes the love of a single person surpass the collective love of many?


The world offers many temporary alternatives to love. Alcohol wears off and fails to fill. Sexual immorality, like an acid, temporarily fills yet leaves the hole greater still. My God says that love is real and I believe Him. So, why is it so hard to find? Why can’t I just love the one I want? The time may come and yet may not. Am I certain I want to wait?


The woman I want is worth the wait. Though name and face may yet be unknown, many things I can divine. Her love of God is very great. Her faith in Christ confounds the “wise”. Her eyes will ever fail to lie. Our love will grow from day to day. The love I seek will fail to measure up to the love we’ll share throughout the years. The pain, the fun, the laughs and cries along the way, will lead to love that endures. If not today, then soon enough.


YES! Of course I’ll wait. For you I’d wait an eternity. The sad part is you’re waiting, too! You wait for me to learn to trust. You wait for me to learn to love. You wait with patience, faith, and prayers. The man you seek is not quite there. But when I am, you’ll see me, too! Please hold on, I pray you will.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Buzz! When your future wifey is reading this, she is going to ball like a baby.